Thanks to Mike over at Mikes Film Talk for hitting me with this tag (it only hurt a little, really… ;)). We all know Mike and we all know he’s full of awesome stories and interesting facts but if somehow you DON’T know Mike, you should go visit him…like NOW…
This particular exercise in sharing the WordPress love (pronounced lurve) is fairly simple, you answer the 11 questions posed by the “Tagger” and then set another 11 questions for the 11 bloggers you “Tag.” (That was a LOT of 11’s…) You probably should link back to the blogger what “brung ya.” Aka, who tagged you and maybe thank them? Just a thought. (And yes, I stole that entire paragraph directly from Mike. I am lazy. And sleepy.)
So here are
Mike’s Sandra’s 11 questions: (hehehe, sorry Mike!)
- Have you ever been made redundant from your job and how did you feel about it? Yes, a couple of times actually. The most awesome one though was when I worked at a jewelry store and with absolutely NO warning whatsoever, I was “made redundant” and very literally pushed out the back door into the pouring rain. No lie. Nobody had a clue it was going to happen and the owner’s son actually apologized to me about it.
- If you were interviewing someone for a writing job, what 3 qualities would you look for and why? Grammar, non-boringness, and the lyricalness of their writing.
- What is your favourite board game and why? Hmmm…I’m fond of Apples to Apples…and Monopoly.
- When you look at the stars, what do you see? Usually unicorns and pixie dust.
- When you look at the ocean, what does it remind you of? All the evil things that live there, hiding, just waiting to eat me…bastards.
- How do you overcome writer’s block? By reading Kerouac or Anais Nin…changing writing locations…writing words meaninglessly until they finally form into something that I need them to say…
- If you could say 3 encouraging things to another person, what would they be? You’re amazing. Never, ever doubt yourself because I never do. It ALWAYS gets better – ALWAYS, even if you don’t know it for a really long time.
- Do you prefer to write your stories/books/poetry/prose/articles on paper first, then type them up and edit them, or do you like to type them straight into your computer to edit? I prefer to write long hand, then type them up. I do type some stuff first though depending on whether I’m writing for work or on my personal stuff.
- Do you like writing in one genre or more? I write in a lot of genres – movie reviews, book reviews, non-fiction (I guess reviews count in non-fiction too, huh?), young adult, fiction, literary, poetry, screenplays, stage plays
- As a writer, do you think actions speak louder than words? Depends on what you’re writing. In fiction, actions can be used as a better way of telling but in poetry it’s all about the words.
- What is your favourite quote and why? Oh dear, just one?? I’m cheating and doing three. Why these three? These three best describe me and how I live or at least attempt to live.
“I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn’t impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.”
― Anaïs Nin
“And it’s the wonders I’m after, even if I have to bleed for them.”
― Catherynne M. Valente, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”
― Jack Kerouac, On the Road
As always, I’m not tagging anyone because I can never remember who loves tags and who hates them. So if you feel like doing this, you’re tagged! Do a post or answer in the comments. Oh, here are my questions if anyone wants to play along.
- What author has inspired you the most?
- What director has most influenced your taste in film?
- How many instruments do you play?
- Why do women in horror movies always run up the stairs when it’s the stupidest thing ever to do?
- Who in your life has had the most influence?
- Where do you most want to travel in the world?
- Have you ever fallen in love with the wrong person?
- Better yet, have you fallen in love with the right person?
- How much time a day do you spend writing?
- Whose the most famous person you’ve met?
- What is sleep like?
I’ve never done a blogger’s tag either but thanks to Mike over at Mike’s Film Talk now I get to so thanks Mike!! 🙂 Of course you all already visit Mike on a daily basis but ya know just in case there’s some newbies, Mike is awesome and doesn’t just talk about film but talks about books and life and really whatever the hell’s on his mind. Also he talks about Quorn a lot. Oh and recipes! Seriously, just go check him out.
Now for the rules. Sit down in the back and stop sighing! You know there’s going to be rules; it’s the nature of the beast. Does everyone have a pen and paper? Right, let us begin. Oh and spit out that gum, unless of course, you have enough for everyone!
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
*A photo of me that you all have never seen before (at least I think?) – thank goodness I have approximately 1500 photos of me on Facebook to choose from….and eleven facts (this part is going to be harder…)*
- I have a Yorkie named Charles Barklington, Esq., III, Jr. He has an Australian accent and likes to wear a monocle.
- I didn’t eat mac’n’cheese till I was in my 20s.
- I have a thing about touch – most likely due to my OCD – I cannot go through a store and not touch something that looks interesting, soft, fuzzy, warm, cold, anything – god forbid I ever get lost in the fabric department at Walmart, I’ll never make it out because I’ll have to touch everything at least once. This also includes things people are wearing but, in that area at least, I’m able to restrict it to my friends and I let them know I’m about to get all touchy-feely before I just start feeling them up. Is this like an actual thing? Is there a name for “musttoucheverythingitis”??
- I didn’t drink coffee till September of last year.
- I am awesome at keeping secrets.
- I have a potato chip addiction.
- Apparently, I now also have a San Pellegrino addiction.
- I am NOT a morning person. I do not wake up fully and properly till 1 or later (even though I “wake up” and get out of bed by 9 most mornings). So if you need to ask or tell me anything vitally important, after 1 EST is the time to do so.
- This weekend I am having a slumber party/pillow fight/movies night with my friends and I am very happy about it! Most of my actor-y friends range from 22-27 and they totally missed the 90s so we’re having 90s movie night – THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN EMPIRE RECORDS. I know, I know, I don’t know how I stay friends with them either.
- I sing all the time. Till I lose my voice most days. I am a terrible singer, according to my mother.
- Oh thank goodness, the last one! Um…how bout this – if you really are dying to know something else about me, just ask. Like Truth or Dare without the Dare. 😉
NOW FOR MIKE’S QUESTIONS:
- Snow, rain, or Sun? SUN!!!! I like rain too but only in the summer.
- What is your favourite genre of literature/film? Favorite literature genre – too hard. I read as much as or more than I watch movies. I will quite literally read anything once – fiction, non-fiction, horror, philosophy, essays, fantasy…I don’t read sci-fi too terribly much and I don’t like romance novels. Film – obviously horror, cult and D and below flicks. 😉
- Do you snore when you sleep? Nope. I am a Sleep Ninja though and might punch you in the face. For reals.
- Who hogs the covers in your house? My dog. For a 13 lb dog, he sure takes up a helluva lot of room on the bed.
- If you could be a movie character, who would it be? Such a hard question!! ALL the movie characters??
- Do you watch sub-titled movies? Of course, love them. 🙂
- Who is your favourite movie director? Jan Svankmajer. I think he’s pure magic for the most part (Little Otik was not my favorite, I have to admit) and I know most people think I’m weird for that but there it is.
- What is your “guilty pleasure?” I have different guilty pleasures for different days/occasions/etc., I need a better definition. 😦 Um…dance movies…mainstream movies when I’m sick…mainstream YA novels…and these:
- Seaside, mountains, or desert? Mountains. I hate the ocean and everything in it that wants to eat me and I’m not fond of sand.
- Would you crash your car to avoid hitting an animal in the road? Probably.
- Do you prefer mornings or afternoons? Afternoons. Actually evenings. Night time is the best time to be awake.
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage?
- How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- If you created a world, who or what would rule it?
- What’s your job?
- Love – real and emotional or just a chemical imbalance?
- Giraffes – love them or hate them?
- What would you be doing if you didn’t have to work for money?
- Kitten wearing a top hat riding a giraffe – this is the epitome of adorable, no?
- How much of yourself are you willing to put online?
NOW FOR MY “Tag-ees:”
Any and all. I know a lot of you hate stuff like this so I always feel really bad if I actually tag someone, lol. So ya know, if you read my blog or are mentioned in the sidebar, you are tagged! Speaking of, check out my blogroll and go visit these folks – they’re uber awesome, each and every one. Likewise, if you’re missing from my blog roll, send me an email and let me know -firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks again, Mike – this was fun! 🙂