So Thomas over at OnTopic Reviews, also nominated me for the Liebster award (thank you, Thomas!!!) so I’ve listed his questions and answers below. Wednesday over at Deep Red Rum was nominated also (congrats, Wednesday!) and I just thought her questions were fun so I decided to answer them too, lol. Also I promise to go back to regular reviewing after this! Thanks for the patience and hopefully you all don’t mind the filler too terribly much.
What is your favorite movie? I don’t have just one favorite movie but for this question I’m going to go with Reality Bites. This movie is probably the sole reason I made it through my mid to late twenties (which were to understate it, a tumultuous time). I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve seen this one and it never gets old.
What is your favorite genre of music? Classic rock. I have a record player and have a pretty sweet record collection (Doors, Zeppelin, Beatles, Joplin, Hendrix).
How many times do you eat fast food a week or month? Once a month, every three months or so? Not a big fast foodie.
Is there any particular type of film you prefer? Horror. 🙂 But mostly the bad kind.
What is your favorite TV show? Hmm…not a huge t.v. watcher but I’m really loving “Bunheads” right now. Also “Smash” and “Once Upon a Time”. And “True Blood” always (although they’re driving me bonkers this season).
English/literacy or maths? English/lit! I’ve been reading since I was three plus I’m pretty horrible at math. WHY ARE THERE LETTERS IN MATH??? 😉
Chemistry, biology or psychics? Chemistry. I actually wasn’t bad at chemistry and I could sit and do electron configurations all day. Because I am a dork.
What is your favorite magazine? Fangoria. They’re pretty excellent with the horror scene and it keeps me up to date on upcoming movies.
Best experience in your life? Finally going to NYC with my best friend. We’ve been friends since the age of 10 and all our lives we’ve dreamed of being in the city together (mostly living there, lol). We’d both been to the city several times separately but never together and last year we finally, finally made it! We spent the weekend there, got approximately 8 hours of sleep the whole time and covered practically every inch of town. And we saw “Spiderman: Turn off the Dark”. Then we met Spiderman out back and he was adorable and then we went around giggling like 12 year olds for the next two hours in Times Square. It was pretty f’ing amazing. 🙂
Most desired holiday destination? Prague. Why? I have no idea. But something about Prague speaks to me.
If you could travel back in time to any recorded event, which would it be? Woodstock. 🙂 I ❤ the 60s!
Why do you think cops in horror movies are always so reluctant to try to catch the killer? I’m watching Edge of the Axe right now and the sheriff is a useless ass, but it seems to be a theme in many horror movies.Because when they catch the killer, the movie is over. So they have to drag it out by being useless asses who think they can just catch the guy with their killer wit and amazing charm. Or something like that.
Name a minor horror character you like, preferably one who has almost no bearing on the plot and who seems to be in the film just to entertain in a WTF way. The troubadour in “Dead and Breakfast”. Why? Because he’s a freaking troubadour! Plus he’s excellent as the Greek chorus, so to speak and he is totally just WTF.
Is there a horror villain you root for? Difficulty: no Freddy Krueger. Ginger from “Ginger Snaps”. She is one badass werewolf and I consistently want her to be badder.
Who would win in a fight between Christopher Lee as Dracula and Christopher Lee as Frankenstein’s monster? I haven’t seen Christopher Lee as either so I’m going to go with Dracula because I’m pretty sure he could kick Frankenstein’s ass regardless.
What movie character do you have a crush on? Freddy Krueger! He’s my hero. *sighs*
Is there a horror movie that you think absolutely goes too far? I can’t think of one. I don’t like gratuitous violence against women but if it’s essential to the plot then while I don’t like it, it’s not necessarily taking it too far.
What is your favorite song from an 80s movie? I have absolutely NO idea. I have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to 80s movies and I don’t tend to notice the music in movies unless the song really catches my attention (ex. “Blower’s Daughter” in “Closer”).
What weapon would you want most in a zombie siege? Sword. I’ve never shot a gun and a broadsword would work well for chopping off heads whilst keeping me (hopefully) out of arm’s reach.
What movie’s ending would you rewrite? I think there are probably hundreds I’d love to rewrite but I’ll go with “I’m Not Jesus Mommy”. Actually, I’d just rewrite that whole thing…
What is your favorite moment in which a movie totally rips off another movie? Wow. I have no idea. I can think of a movie that rips off another movie that I don’t like but that’s all I can think of at this moment…I may have to revisit this.
What movie did you learn the most from, and what did you learn? Either a serious answer or a facetious one will do. Well, I learned from “Nightmare on Elm Street” that I should never sleep again and I haven’t! 😉 I really don’t know. I tend to pick up a lesson from almost everything I watch (hence why I’m writing a book about it)…This is another hard question…
I’m very honored to receive the Liebster Award from TysonCarter over at Head in a Vice (if you haven’t already dropped by there, I highly recommend that you do – it’s one of my favorite sites)! Thank you so much! I know some people hate being nominated for these awards because they’re time consuming and what have you (I, personally, love them because I love getting to know more about my bloggy buddies!) so I’m going to copy Andy Watches Movies and say this – If you want it, it’s yours. 🙂 Just send me an email so I can think up some questions for you! 🙂
1. Each person must post eleven things about themselves
2. Answer the eleven questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create eleven questions for the people you will be giving the award to
4. Choose eleven people to award and send them a link to your post
5. Go to their page and tell them
6. No tag backs
ELEVEN THINGS ABOUT MOI: (and forgive me if any of these are ones I posted last time because I am lazy and am not going back to check ;))
1. I’ve self-published a book of poetry that I believe is still for sale at a few places. For the love of all that is good and holy, do not read it though. While some of it’s good, there’s also some that are really angsty. I was young, that’s my excuse. 😉
2. My dream is to travel the world and write.
3. I’m older than I appear. 😉
4. I have trouble staying in one place for too long (hence my travel dream). Since 2008, I’ve lived in three different states and am fairly certain I’m moving to another early next year.
5. I love mythology. There’s something so fascinating to me about the history of religion.
6. I’m a photographer. Just amateur but decent enough, I suppose. I’m working right now on setting up a photo blog.
7. I have food issues. Textures bother me a lot. And god forbid, if one food on my plate is touching another. If that happens, it’s cause to throw it out and make a new meal.
8. I used to do Rennaisance Faires. I’m not half bad with a sword.
9. I’m a really open person. I’ll talk to anyone about anything and I’m dreadfully honest (not in a mean way or anything, just I don’t believe in lies). You can ask me anything about whatever and I’ll tell you. I’m a firm believer in communication and think that the more people realize that we’re all just people, the better off we’ll be. Idealistic? Sure, but it works for me. This is part of the reason I’m labelled as “quirky”. 😉
10. I LOVE the show “Bunheads”.
11. I’m afraid of the dark.
QUESTIONS FROM HEAD IN A VICE:
- Would you rather have a pet polar bear or a pet kangaroo?
Pet polar bear!! They look so soft and cuddly. Everybody tells me they’ll eat me but really, I think it’ll be fine. 😉
2. Would you rather be a movie star or be a singer?
Movie star. Really, just actress because I don’t feel a need for fame.
3. Would you rather eat a dead rat or a live roach?
Dead rat. At least I can cook that. Good practice for post-apocalyptic eating.
4. Would you rather be a vampire or a dragon?
Vampire. Either would be a good way to live to a ripe old age but I think people are less scared of vampires these days. I imagine being a dragon would be less fun because it’d be harder to hide in plain sight. And being a vampire I could go anywhere in the world I wanted.
5. Would you rather die in the arms of your one true love or your one true love die in your arms?
This is a terrible question, Tyson! 😉 Die in the arms of my one true love. I’d most likely get overly emotional and go all crazy like after they die so really me dying first is just easier for everyone involved.
6. Would you rather be buried alive or stabbed to death?
And again with the horrible questions, lol. Stabbed to death. Buried alive is too slow and painful. Stabbed to death is quick (and still painful) but knives I can deal with.
7. Would you rather turn invisible or go through time?
Go through time!!! I would totally make like the Doctor and go EVERYWHERE (but especially Woodstock and Haight Ashbury in the 60s)!
8. Would you rather walk through walls or control the weather?
Hmm……I think maybe control the weather. That way if things ever get all natural disastery, I assume I’ll be able to help out and stop the world from destructing. Right?
9. Would you rather always be hot or always be cold?
This is easy enough – always cold! I’m already always cold the majority of the time. And it’s easier to remedy with lots of quilts and heaters and sweatshirts and fires and the such. Plus hot chocolate!
10. Would you rather be eaten by a shark or a gorilla?
Um….shark? I imagine that would be quicker and cleaner cuts because of the sharp teeth…
11. Would you rather sneeze 1000 times a day or hiccup 1000 times a day?
Sneeze. When I get the hiccups, I get them so badly that I’ve actually torn muscles. Would sooo rather sneeze!
Alright folks, hope you’ve enjoyed Misty’s Fun Facts. 😉 Thanks again Head in a Vice, it is truly appreciated! And to everyone else, thanks for reading! 🙂