I have been oh so kindly nominated for three awards the past couple of days – The 2012 Blog of the Year Award by You Jivin’ Me Turkey, The Beautiful Blogger Award by dutifullybroken, and The Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Mike’s Film Talk. Thank you guys!! 🙂 I’m going to put them all in this post so it’ll be a little long.
- Select the blogs you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012 Award’.
- Write a post and tell about the blogs you have chosen and present them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page and include these rules (do not alter the rules or the badges).
- Let the blogs you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the rules with them.
- Click on my Facebook page on the right hand side of my blog
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Again, thank you to You Jivin’ Me Turkey! B has a super fun site that runs the gamut from inspirational quotes to his writing quest and everything in between – check him out!
1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 other fellow bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
A big thank you to dutifullybroken for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. If you haven’t yet had the joy of reading db’s site, I suggest you head over there post-haste because it is kickawesome. I’m newish round those parts but I am loving it. 🙂
ABOUT ME: (I’ll try to tell y’all some new stuff here, lol)
1. As we know I work about 7 jobs. One of my jobs is for a non-profit that works to raise awareness of eating disorders. My boss is a lovely woman who lost her daughter at 19 due to complications from bulimia. I love what I do here for several reasons but my biggest reason for taking this job is because I have had an eating disorder since the age of 11. I was actually in recovery for almost 6 years but relapsed this year and am once again working on recovery. So this job is important to me because we work hard to dissipate the social stigmas surrounding having this disease by talking about it. I do it for me and I do it for all the girls who have been there, done that and for the upcoming generations because I sincerely hope one day ED will be a thing of the past and that no one (male or female) will look at their body as anything other than a beautiful entity that enables us to run and play and laugh and dance and most importantly, live.
2. I actually do watch good movies too. I just don’t blog about them. 😉
3. I don’t meet strangers ever. I just meet people I haven’t had the pleasure of getting to know yet.
4. Seriously though. I seem to have a sign hanging over me that says “Advisor, Confidante” because I can get into an elevator with someone and by the time we’ve reached the 12th floor, I know their entire life story.
5. I’m missing that filter that tells me how to be socially proper. I say what I think and I talk about anything and I have this whole honesty policy I try to live by. This is both a good thing AND a bad thing.
6. Kittens make me happy. 🙂
7. I can’t do one thing at once. I always have to be doing like 20 things at once. I admire people who can do things like just sit and watch a movie without doing anything else.
The 5 rules are as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Another huge thank you to Mike from Mike’s Film Talk for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Mike is a wicked awesome dude that talks about more than just film and I really dig on his site because I never know what I’m going to learn there.
ABOUT ME: (Because let’s face it everyone wants to know about me. ;))
1. I get along with kids really well because they don’t think I’m a grown up.
2. Most people I meet think I’m somewhere between the ages of 18 and 22 which can be pretty fun if I decide to not correct them and just go with it. It can also be bad though because it’s so hard to be taken seriously at times. 😉
3. My favoritest poem I ever wrote is this one:
Passion, subversion, languishing desirous traitorous obsession possession
Was she fay?
Intoxicated fading slowly wading lackadaisical dreams never far flung amongst the stars.
Not he but she, always she. He forgot, he pines, achingly so? No.
Nevermore the bourgeois bohemian glitter babe, pixie dust merely left behind in the radiant green of seductive secrets and listless lies midnight black has no hold, she’s gone, vaguely, wanderlust free from lustfully sinfully longingly looks fires burned bright as the eyes did see the parts of you we he she she she…..white bright soundless hazy drunkenly picture perfect moments retained only in the mind’s eye Ra sun god son of a goddess idolize no one immolation upon you search long but purely simply fade…..
4. I also work in social media which means I basically get paid to play on Facebook and Twitter all day. 😉
5. 2013 is shaping up to be an exciting year. I already have several projects in the beginning stages and there’s a large chunk of that involving film work. In particular is the web series I’ve written that I’m also directing, producing and co-starring in so if all goes well at some point I’ll be inviting you all to watch that and hopefully you will like it! 🙂
6. I hate surprises with a fiery passion. Yes, that includes surprise parties. Surprises make me very cranky.
7. I never ever know what I’m doing in life. Ever.
Now I’m supposed to be nominating a number of blogs here for awards but I know some of you guys don’t particularly like them so I’m not going to pick any out. Suffice it to say that you are ALL nominated and you can participate if you like. 🙂 Because you are ALL KICKAWESOME.
Posted on 2012.9.December, in Awards and Nominations, Irregular Posting and tagged bloggy awards, things you didn't know about me, you like me you really like me. Bookmark the permalink. 34 Comments.
You are deserving of all the praise! Promise not to surprise you, good to know.
Haha, thanks DB! 🙂
Some good stuff there Misty, nice revealing answers, and some amazing work you are doing with your job.
I might claim your ‘blog of the year’ award, purely as I believe we are meant to fill in a star for everyone that nominates you, and since Brad chose me too, I would have 1 star. If I use yours I can steal your image with 2 stars 🙂 I can pick you too if you want another!
Thanks, Tyson. 🙂
And haha, yes, claim away and then pick me too – I totally missed the part about claiming stars, lol.
I found a one star image so have done it properly 🙂
You are winning!
It’s all the tiger blood. 😉
It’s nice getting to know bloggers from the ‘things about me’ portions of the acceptance. It’s wonderful what you’re doing for people with eating disorders. Good luck and further success. Congratulations on your awards!
Thank you Sandee. 🙂 I appreciate that!
You deserve every accolade that comes your way, Misty. Pretty soon you’ll have to build a shelf for all these awards! 🙂
Thanks, jmount! I know right? A HUGE shelf! 😉
Congratulations! However, 3 awards is not enough for your blog.
Aw, thanks Catalin! 🙂
Well deserved, darling.
Thanks, Eva. 🙂
Congrats on the awards!
Thanks Drew! 🙂
Congratulations! You deserve ALL the awards!
Your story behind working for that non-profit organisation is both heart-breaking and inspiring at the same time, I wish you all the best!
Thank you, Patricia! That means so much!
Well done indeed, keep up the good work 🙂
Thank you! 🙂
Congrats!!!! You deserve it!
Thanks, filmhipster! 🙂
You deserve those and so much more!!! Yay!! 🙂
Thank you, MoJo!! ❤
Congratulations on the awards.
Thanks Mark! 🙂
All your awards are so well deserved!! Congrats.
Thank you! 🙂
Congratulations on your very well deserved awards! Keep up the great work!
Thank you! 🙂