Category Archives: Awards and Nominations
So, somehow, in some way, I have been nominated in the Best Horror Blog category in this year’s LAMMY’S. I honestly have no idea how this happened but I am so honored. I started this little site purely for fun and also because I was bored and had recently broken up with my boyfriend and was kind of lonely and was going through some pretty intensive therapy and well, life was a little messy to say the least and I needed an outlet and my first attempt at a movie blog wasn’t that great. But I got the idea for Cinema Schminema and thought I’d invite a couple of friends to maybe check it out and figured it would go the way of The Movie Slayer (my first movie blog), which is to say I figured maybe 10 people total would ever see it. Yet somehow here we are 345 followers later, several blogathons later, several wacky crossovers later and several friends made later. So to everyone who helped me get here THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart – you guys are amazing.
I’ve linked the image above to the complete list of final nominees for the 2013 LAMMY’S so be sure to check them all out – there’s several you’ll know and everyone nominated is fabulous. And if you’re a LAMB, be sure to go VOTE!! Voting ends April 30th so don’t wait!!
Also speaking of how far Cinema Schminema has come:
I’m a few days late (yep, I missed my own site’s birthday/anniversary. *sighs*) but my little experiment has now been around for a year. Hard to believe because the time has FLOWN by. So again a HUGE thank you to everybody who stops by and reads my silly little reviews about films no one wants to watch (okay, a few people want to watch ;)). And a special thank you to my very first ever commenter, Eric. You, sir, ROCK. :)
Alright, I’m catching up on interviews and movie watching this weekend – coming soon a review of “The Hit Girl” and an interview with Scream Queen Jessica Cameron so stay tuned!
Thanks to Mike over at Mikes Film Talk for hitting me with this tag (it only hurt a little, really… ;)). We all know Mike and we all know he’s full of awesome stories and interesting facts but if somehow you DON’T know Mike, you should go visit him…like NOW…
This particular exercise in sharing the WordPress love (pronounced lurve) is fairly simple, you answer the 11 questions posed by the “Tagger” and then set another 11 questions for the 11 bloggers you “Tag.” (That was a LOT of 11′s…) You probably should link back to the blogger what “brung ya.” Aka, who tagged you and maybe thank them? Just a thought. (And yes, I stole that entire paragraph directly from Mike. I am lazy. And sleepy.)
So here are
Mike’s Sandra’s 11 questions: (hehehe, sorry Mike!)
- Have you ever been made redundant from your job and how did you feel about it? Yes, a couple of times actually. The most awesome one though was when I worked at a jewelry store and with absolutely NO warning whatsoever, I was “made redundant” and very literally pushed out the back door into the pouring rain. No lie. Nobody had a clue it was going to happen and the owner’s son actually apologized to me about it.
- If you were interviewing someone for a writing job, what 3 qualities would you look for and why? Grammar, non-boringness, and the lyricalness of their writing.
- What is your favourite board game and why? Hmmm…I’m fond of Apples to Apples…and Monopoly.
- When you look at the stars, what do you see? Usually unicorns and pixie dust.
- When you look at the ocean, what does it remind you of? All the evil things that live there, hiding, just waiting to eat me…bastards.
- How do you overcome writer’s block? By reading Kerouac or Anais Nin…changing writing locations…writing words meaninglessly until they finally form into something that I need them to say…
- If you could say 3 encouraging things to another person, what would they be? You’re amazing. Never, ever doubt yourself because I never do. It ALWAYS gets better – ALWAYS, even if you don’t know it for a really long time.
- Do you prefer to write your stories/books/poetry/prose/articles on paper first, then type them up and edit them, or do you like to type them straight into your computer to edit? I prefer to write long hand, then type them up. I do type some stuff first though depending on whether I’m writing for work or on my personal stuff.
- Do you like writing in one genre or more? I write in a lot of genres – movie reviews, book reviews, non-fiction (I guess reviews count in non-fiction too, huh?), young adult, fiction, literary, poetry, screenplays, stage plays
- As a writer, do you think actions speak louder than words? Depends on what you’re writing. In fiction, actions can be used as a better way of telling but in poetry it’s all about the words.
- What is your favourite quote and why? Oh dear, just one?? I’m cheating and doing three. Why these three? These three best describe me and how I live or at least attempt to live.
“I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn’t impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.”
― Anaïs Nin
“And it’s the wonders I’m after, even if I have to bleed for them.”
― Catherynne M. Valente, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”
― Jack Kerouac, On the Road
As always, I’m not tagging anyone because I can never remember who loves tags and who hates them. So if you feel like doing this, you’re tagged! Do a post or answer in the comments. Oh, here are my questions if anyone wants to play along.
- What author has inspired you the most?
- What director has most influenced your taste in film?
- How many instruments do you play?
- Why do women in horror movies always run up the stairs when it’s the stupidest thing ever to do?
- Who in your life has had the most influence?
- Where do you most want to travel in the world?
- Have you ever fallen in love with the wrong person?
- Better yet, have you fallen in love with the right person?
- How much time a day do you spend writing?
- Whose the most famous person you’ve met?
- What is sleep like?
Big UPS to both Natasha at Films and Things and JMount at Written in Blood for nominating me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award (which oddly seems to have nothing to do with dragons which is a shame because I like dragons). Both are fab bloggers who are hella fun to read so go check them out!
Anyway…as with most things these days there are rules to receiving this, and they are:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
So first, the 15 deserving bloggers:
Again, I’m going to go with my caveat of “If you want it, it’s yours”. Soooo many people hate getting tagged for these and I don’t want to be the one to make anyone cranky, lol. I think you are all awesome though and you all deserve ALL the awards (and ALL the monies, I might add). So congratulations, you are all ROCK STARS!! Or dragons. I suppose that’s more apt for this award…
Now for the best part; 7 interesting things about me!
Well….nah, I’m joshin’ ya. I’m not going to make y’all sit through 7 more intriguing, amazing and downright interesting facts about me. ;) I think we all hear about me enough already on this blog. I guess if there’s anything you’re just dying to know you can ask away in the comments.
The director of Lord of Tears has been in contact with me and there’s quite a few things going on in the world of Owl Man. Read on below if you’re interested!
* Lord of Tears reached its first goal on Kickstarter – the new goal is £10k ($15k)! It seems you can also pre-order the dvd via Kickstarter as well so if interested, head on over!
* Lord of Tears has been accepted into the San Diego Comic Fest to be screened in October
* The kickstarter page features a new trailer for the film that has won some acclaim, being tweeted by Jim Parrack (True Blood) and Barbara Crampton (Re-Animator, From Beyond) Elizabeth Fies (The Commune) and Signe Olynyk (Below Zero)
* There’s a viral style video of the Owlman stalking teenagers on Omegle/chat roulette (I’m gonna check this out! Ha!)
* Exclusive stills taken of the antagonist (the Owlman) from a Victorian Childrens Hospital.
The Viral Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENT_i_L3bGc
Comic Festival Announcement – http://www.sdcomicfest.org/lawrie-brewster/
Trailer Link – https://vimeo.com/60118572
It is a blah, rainy day here (I didn’t even get out of bed till an hour ago that’s how blah it is) so when I’m done with work, I’ll be cuddled with my netbook watching movies and reading blogs so see y’all later!
I’ve never done a blogger’s tag either but thanks to Mike over at Mike’s Film Talk now I get to so thanks Mike!! :) Of course you all already visit Mike on a daily basis but ya know just in case there’s some newbies, Mike is awesome and doesn’t just talk about film but talks about books and life and really whatever the hell’s on his mind. Also he talks about Quorn a lot. Oh and recipes! Seriously, just go check him out.
Now for the rules. Sit down in the back and stop sighing! You know there’s going to be rules; it’s the nature of the beast. Does everyone have a pen and paper? Right, let us begin. Oh and spit out that gum, unless of course, you have enough for everyone!
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
*A photo of me that you all have never seen before (at least I think?) – thank goodness I have approximately 1500 photos of me on Facebook to choose from….and eleven facts (this part is going to be harder…)*
- I have a Yorkie named Charles Barklington, Esq., III, Jr. He has an Australian accent and likes to wear a monocle.
- I didn’t eat mac’n’cheese till I was in my 20s.
- I have a thing about touch – most likely due to my OCD – I cannot go through a store and not touch something that looks interesting, soft, fuzzy, warm, cold, anything – god forbid I ever get lost in the fabric department at Walmart, I’ll never make it out because I’ll have to touch everything at least once. This also includes things people are wearing but, in that area at least, I’m able to restrict it to my friends and I let them know I’m about to get all touchy-feely before I just start feeling them up. Is this like an actual thing? Is there a name for “musttoucheverythingitis”??
- I didn’t drink coffee till September of last year.
- I am awesome at keeping secrets.
- I have a potato chip addiction.
- Apparently, I now also have a San Pellegrino addiction.
- I am NOT a morning person. I do not wake up fully and properly till 1 or later (even though I “wake up” and get out of bed by 9 most mornings). So if you need to ask or tell me anything vitally important, after 1 EST is the time to do so.
- This weekend I am having a slumber party/pillow fight/movies night with my friends and I am very happy about it! Most of my actor-y friends range from 22-27 and they totally missed the 90s so we’re having 90s movie night – THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN EMPIRE RECORDS. I know, I know, I don’t know how I stay friends with them either.
- I sing all the time. Till I lose my voice most days. I am a terrible singer, according to my mother.
- Oh thank goodness, the last one! Um…how bout this – if you really are dying to know something else about me, just ask. Like Truth or Dare without the Dare. ;)
NOW FOR MIKE’S QUESTIONS:
- Snow, rain, or Sun? SUN!!!! I like rain too but only in the summer.
- What is your favourite genre of literature/film? Favorite literature genre – too hard. I read as much as or more than I watch movies. I will quite literally read anything once – fiction, non-fiction, horror, philosophy, essays, fantasy…I don’t read sci-fi too terribly much and I don’t like romance novels. Film – obviously horror, cult and D and below flicks. ;)
- Do you snore when you sleep? Nope. I am a Sleep Ninja though and might punch you in the face. For reals.
- Who hogs the covers in your house? My dog. For a 13 lb dog, he sure takes up a helluva lot of room on the bed.
- If you could be a movie character, who would it be? Such a hard question!! ALL the movie characters??
- Do you watch sub-titled movies? Of course, love them. :)
- Who is your favourite movie director? Jan Svankmajer. I think he’s pure magic for the most part (Little Otik was not my favorite, I have to admit) and I know most people think I’m weird for that but there it is.
- What is your “guilty pleasure?” I have different guilty pleasures for different days/occasions/etc., I need a better definition. :( Um…dance movies…mainstream movies when I’m sick…mainstream YA novels…and these:
- Seaside, mountains, or desert? Mountains. I hate the ocean and everything in it that wants to eat me and I’m not fond of sand.
- Would you crash your car to avoid hitting an animal in the road? Probably.
- Do you prefer mornings or afternoons? Afternoons. Actually evenings. Night time is the best time to be awake.
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage?
- How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- If you created a world, who or what would rule it?
- What’s your job?
- Love – real and emotional or just a chemical imbalance?
- Giraffes – love them or hate them?
- What would you be doing if you didn’t have to work for money?
- Kitten wearing a top hat riding a giraffe – this is the epitome of adorable, no?
- How much of yourself are you willing to put online?
NOW FOR MY “Tag-ees:”
Any and all. I know a lot of you hate stuff like this so I always feel really bad if I actually tag someone, lol. So ya know, if you read my blog or are mentioned in the sidebar, you are tagged! Speaking of, check out my blogroll and go visit these folks – they’re uber awesome, each and every one. Likewise, if you’re missing from my blog roll, send me an email and let me know -email@example.com.
Thanks again, Mike – this was fun! :)
Thank you so much to Mike at The Eye-Dancers for nominating my site for a Sunshine Award! If you haven’t had a chance yet to check out Mike’s site, please take this opportunity to do so. It’s really cool and if you’re into YA fantasy/sci fi you’ll totally dig it! :) Thanks again Mike!
The Rules: Post the Sunshine Award image, answer the following 10 questions and note 10 blogs you wish to nominate.
The 10 questions and my answers:
- Favourite colour: Green, because I look amazing in green. Purple, because I look amazing in purple. And blue. Just cause. ;)
- Favourite animal: RED PANDAS!!! They are the cutest freaking thing in the world. I am trying to heist one from the Central Park Zoo…um…I mean…*clears throat*
- Favourite number: 64, which dates back to an inside joke with my bff since the age of 10 which means it’d take approximately 22 years to explain that one. ;)
- Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Water
- Facebook or Twitter: I’m not particularly fond of either actually but I work in social media so I’m always on them…they both have their issues but I do like Facebook purely for the ability to post my photography and to see pics of my friends’ kids.
- My passion: Acting is my passion, writing is my soul. I can’t live without either of them – tried and wow, that just did not end well.
- Favourite pattern: Paisley. I can rock some paisley, no lie.
- Favourite day of the week: Hahahaha, like I ever know what day of the week it is! That’s hilarious.
- Favourite flower:
And my nominees for the Sunshine Award are:
ALL OF YOU!!!! You know the deal, I nominate you all because you’re all wonderful and if you want to, accept away. :)
Thanks again, Mike! It was an honor and a lot of fun! :)
I have been oh so kindly nominated for three awards the past couple of days – The 2012 Blog of the Year Award by You Jivin’ Me Turkey, The Beautiful Blogger Award by dutifullybroken, and The Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Mike’s Film Talk. Thank you guys!! :) I’m going to put them all in this post so it’ll be a little long.
- Select the blogs you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012 Award’.
- Write a post and tell about the blogs you have chosen and present them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page and include these rules (do not alter the rules or the badges).
- Let the blogs you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the rules with them.
- Click on my Facebook page on the right hand side of my blog
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Again, thank you to You Jivin’ Me Turkey! B has a super fun site that runs the gamut from inspirational quotes to his writing quest and everything in between – check him out!
1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 other fellow bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
A big thank you to dutifullybroken for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. If you haven’t yet had the joy of reading db’s site, I suggest you head over there post-haste because it is kickawesome. I’m newish round those parts but I am loving it. :)
ABOUT ME: (I’ll try to tell y’all some new stuff here, lol)
1. As we know I work about 7 jobs. One of my jobs is for a non-profit that works to raise awareness of eating disorders. My boss is a lovely woman who lost her daughter at 19 due to complications from bulimia. I love what I do here for several reasons but my biggest reason for taking this job is because I have had an eating disorder since the age of 11. I was actually in recovery for almost 6 years but relapsed this year and am once again working on recovery. So this job is important to me because we work hard to dissipate the social stigmas surrounding having this disease by talking about it. I do it for me and I do it for all the girls who have been there, done that and for the upcoming generations because I sincerely hope one day ED will be a thing of the past and that no one (male or female) will look at their body as anything other than a beautiful entity that enables us to run and play and laugh and dance and most importantly, live.
2. I actually do watch good movies too. I just don’t blog about them. ;)
3. I don’t meet strangers ever. I just meet people I haven’t had the pleasure of getting to know yet.
4. Seriously though. I seem to have a sign hanging over me that says “Advisor, Confidante” because I can get into an elevator with someone and by the time we’ve reached the 12th floor, I know their entire life story.
5. I’m missing that filter that tells me how to be socially proper. I say what I think and I talk about anything and I have this whole honesty policy I try to live by. This is both a good thing AND a bad thing.
6. Kittens make me happy. :)
7. I can’t do one thing at once. I always have to be doing like 20 things at once. I admire people who can do things like just sit and watch a movie without doing anything else.
The 5 rules are as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Another huge thank you to Mike from Mike’s Film Talk for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Mike is a wicked awesome dude that talks about more than just film and I really dig on his site because I never know what I’m going to learn there.
ABOUT ME: (Because let’s face it everyone wants to know about me. ;))
1. I get along with kids really well because they don’t think I’m a grown up.
2. Most people I meet think I’m somewhere between the ages of 18 and 22 which can be pretty fun if I decide to not correct them and just go with it. It can also be bad though because it’s so hard to be taken seriously at times. ;)
3. My favoritest poem I ever wrote is this one:
Passion, subversion, languishing desirous traitorous obsession possession
Was she fay?
Intoxicated fading slowly wading lackadaisical dreams never far flung amongst the stars.
Not he but she, always she. He forgot, he pines, achingly so? No.
Nevermore the bourgeois bohemian glitter babe, pixie dust merely left behind in the radiant green of seductive secrets and listless lies midnight black has no hold, she’s gone, vaguely, wanderlust free from lustfully sinfully longingly looks fires burned bright as the eyes did see the parts of you we he she she she…..white bright soundless hazy drunkenly picture perfect moments retained only in the mind’s eye Ra sun god son of a goddess idolize no one immolation upon you search long but purely simply fade…..
4. I also work in social media which means I basically get paid to play on Facebook and Twitter all day. ;)
5. 2013 is shaping up to be an exciting year. I already have several projects in the beginning stages and there’s a large chunk of that involving film work. In particular is the web series I’ve written that I’m also directing, producing and co-starring in so if all goes well at some point I’ll be inviting you all to watch that and hopefully you will like it! :)
6. I hate surprises with a fiery passion. Yes, that includes surprise parties. Surprises make me very cranky.
7. I never ever know what I’m doing in life. Ever.
Now I’m supposed to be nominating a number of blogs here for awards but I know some of you guys don’t particularly like them so I’m not going to pick any out. Suffice it to say that you are ALL nominated and you can participate if you like. :) Because you are ALL KICKAWESOME.
So Thomas over at OnTopic Reviews, also nominated me for the Liebster award (thank you, Thomas!!!) so I’ve listed his questions and answers below. Wednesday over at Deep Red Rum was nominated also (congrats, Wednesday!) and I just thought her questions were fun so I decided to answer them too, lol. Also I promise to go back to regular reviewing after this! Thanks for the patience and hopefully you all don’t mind the filler too terribly much.
What is your favorite movie? I don’t have just one favorite movie but for this question I’m going to go with Reality Bites. This movie is probably the sole reason I made it through my mid to late twenties (which were to understate it, a tumultuous time). I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve seen this one and it never gets old.
What is your favorite genre of music? Classic rock. I have a record player and have a pretty sweet record collection (Doors, Zeppelin, Beatles, Joplin, Hendrix).
How many times do you eat fast food a week or month? Once a month, every three months or so? Not a big fast foodie.
Is there any particular type of film you prefer? Horror. :) But mostly the bad kind.
What is your favorite TV show? Hmm…not a huge t.v. watcher but I’m really loving “Bunheads” right now. Also “Smash” and “Once Upon a Time”. And “True Blood” always (although they’re driving me bonkers this season).
English/literacy or maths? English/lit! I’ve been reading since I was three plus I’m pretty horrible at math. WHY ARE THERE LETTERS IN MATH??? ;)
Chemistry, biology or psychics? Chemistry. I actually wasn’t bad at chemistry and I could sit and do electron configurations all day. Because I am a dork.
What is your favorite magazine? Fangoria. They’re pretty excellent with the horror scene and it keeps me up to date on upcoming movies.
Best experience in your life? Finally going to NYC with my best friend. We’ve been friends since the age of 10 and all our lives we’ve dreamed of being in the city together (mostly living there, lol). We’d both been to the city several times separately but never together and last year we finally, finally made it! We spent the weekend there, got approximately 8 hours of sleep the whole time and covered practically every inch of town. And we saw “Spiderman: Turn off the Dark”. Then we met Spiderman out back and he was adorable and then we went around giggling like 12 year olds for the next two hours in Times Square. It was pretty f’ing amazing. :)
Most desired holiday destination? Prague. Why? I have no idea. But something about Prague speaks to me.
If you could travel back in time to any recorded event, which would it be? Woodstock. :) I <3 the 60s!
Why do you think cops in horror movies are always so reluctant to try to catch the killer? I’m watching Edge of the Axe right now and the sheriff is a useless ass, but it seems to be a theme in many horror movies.Because when they catch the killer, the movie is over. So they have to drag it out by being useless asses who think they can just catch the guy with their killer wit and amazing charm. Or something like that.
Name a minor horror character you like, preferably one who has almost no bearing on the plot and who seems to be in the film just to entertain in a WTF way. The troubadour in “Dead and Breakfast”. Why? Because he’s a freaking troubadour! Plus he’s excellent as the Greek chorus, so to speak and he is totally just WTF.
Is there a horror villain you root for? Difficulty: no Freddy Krueger. Ginger from “Ginger Snaps”. She is one badass werewolf and I consistently want her to be badder.
Who would win in a fight between Christopher Lee as Dracula and Christopher Lee as Frankenstein’s monster? I haven’t seen Christopher Lee as either so I’m going to go with Dracula because I’m pretty sure he could kick Frankenstein’s ass regardless.
What movie character do you have a crush on? Freddy Krueger! He’s my hero. *sighs*
Is there a horror movie that you think absolutely goes too far? I can’t think of one. I don’t like gratuitous violence against women but if it’s essential to the plot then while I don’t like it, it’s not necessarily taking it too far.
What is your favorite song from an 80s movie? I have absolutely NO idea. I have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to 80s movies and I don’t tend to notice the music in movies unless the song really catches my attention (ex. “Blower’s Daughter” in “Closer”).
What weapon would you want most in a zombie siege? Sword. I’ve never shot a gun and a broadsword would work well for chopping off heads whilst keeping me (hopefully) out of arm’s reach.
What movie’s ending would you rewrite? I think there are probably hundreds I’d love to rewrite but I’ll go with “I’m Not Jesus Mommy”. Actually, I’d just rewrite that whole thing…
What is your favorite moment in which a movie totally rips off another movie? Wow. I have no idea. I can think of a movie that rips off another movie that I don’t like but that’s all I can think of at this moment…I may have to revisit this.
What movie did you learn the most from, and what did you learn? Either a serious answer or a facetious one will do. Well, I learned from “Nightmare on Elm Street” that I should never sleep again and I haven’t! ;) I really don’t know. I tend to pick up a lesson from almost everything I watch (hence why I’m writing a book about it)…This is another hard question…
I’m very honored to receive the Liebster Award from TysonCarter over at Head in a Vice (if you haven’t already dropped by there, I highly recommend that you do – it’s one of my favorite sites)! Thank you so much! I know some people hate being nominated for these awards because they’re time consuming and what have you (I, personally, love them because I love getting to know more about my bloggy buddies!) so I’m going to copy Andy Watches Movies and say this – If you want it, it’s yours. :) Just send me an email so I can think up some questions for you! :)
1. Each person must post eleven things about themselves
2. Answer the eleven questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create eleven questions for the people you will be giving the award to
4. Choose eleven people to award and send them a link to your post
5. Go to their page and tell them
6. No tag backs
ELEVEN THINGS ABOUT MOI: (and forgive me if any of these are ones I posted last time because I am lazy and am not going back to check ;))
1. I’ve self-published a book of poetry that I believe is still for sale at a few places. For the love of all that is good and holy, do not read it though. While some of it’s good, there’s also some that are really angsty. I was young, that’s my excuse. ;)
2. My dream is to travel the world and write.
3. I’m older than I appear. ;)
4. I have trouble staying in one place for too long (hence my travel dream). Since 2008, I’ve lived in three different states and am fairly certain I’m moving to another early next year.
5. I love mythology. There’s something so fascinating to me about the history of religion.
6. I’m a photographer. Just amateur but decent enough, I suppose. I’m working right now on setting up a photo blog.
7. I have food issues. Textures bother me a lot. And god forbid, if one food on my plate is touching another. If that happens, it’s cause to throw it out and make a new meal.
8. I used to do Rennaisance Faires. I’m not half bad with a sword.
9. I’m a really open person. I’ll talk to anyone about anything and I’m dreadfully honest (not in a mean way or anything, just I don’t believe in lies). You can ask me anything about whatever and I’ll tell you. I’m a firm believer in communication and think that the more people realize that we’re all just people, the better off we’ll be. Idealistic? Sure, but it works for me. This is part of the reason I’m labelled as “quirky”. ;)
10. I LOVE the show “Bunheads”.
11. I’m afraid of the dark.
QUESTIONS FROM HEAD IN A VICE:
- Would you rather have a pet polar bear or a pet kangaroo?
Pet polar bear!! They look so soft and cuddly. Everybody tells me they’ll eat me but really, I think it’ll be fine. ;)
2. Would you rather be a movie star or be a singer?
Movie star. Really, just actress because I don’t feel a need for fame.
3. Would you rather eat a dead rat or a live roach?
Dead rat. At least I can cook that. Good practice for post-apocalyptic eating.
4. Would you rather be a vampire or a dragon?
Vampire. Either would be a good way to live to a ripe old age but I think people are less scared of vampires these days. I imagine being a dragon would be less fun because it’d be harder to hide in plain sight. And being a vampire I could go anywhere in the world I wanted.
5. Would you rather die in the arms of your one true love or your one true love die in your arms?
This is a terrible question, Tyson! ;) Die in the arms of my one true love. I’d most likely get overly emotional and go all crazy like after they die so really me dying first is just easier for everyone involved.
6. Would you rather be buried alive or stabbed to death?
And again with the horrible questions, lol. Stabbed to death. Buried alive is too slow and painful. Stabbed to death is quick (and still painful) but knives I can deal with.
7. Would you rather turn invisible or go through time?
Go through time!!! I would totally make like the Doctor and go EVERYWHERE (but especially Woodstock and Haight Ashbury in the 60s)!
8. Would you rather walk through walls or control the weather?
Hmm……I think maybe control the weather. That way if things ever get all natural disastery, I assume I’ll be able to help out and stop the world from destructing. Right?
9. Would you rather always be hot or always be cold?
This is easy enough – always cold! I’m already always cold the majority of the time. And it’s easier to remedy with lots of quilts and heaters and sweatshirts and fires and the such. Plus hot chocolate!
10. Would you rather be eaten by a shark or a gorilla?
Um….shark? I imagine that would be quicker and cleaner cuts because of the sharp teeth…
11. Would you rather sneeze 1000 times a day or hiccup 1000 times a day?
Sneeze. When I get the hiccups, I get them so badly that I’ve actually torn muscles. Would sooo rather sneeze!
Alright folks, hope you’ve enjoyed Misty’s Fun Facts. ;) Thanks again Head in a Vice, it is truly appreciated! And to everyone else, thanks for reading! :)
Hi guys! Cinema Schminema has been nominated for the “Versatile Blogger Award” by Arlen Shah. About Arlen Shah: Here You can find Writer, Blogger Arlen Shahverdyan’s Books, Poems, Painting, Photos, Thoughts, Blog Posts, Articles, etc.: The main content of this Blog is Creative as well as Environmental (Ecological) but it also consists of much other interesting information for all the Readers. The main aims of this Blog are to represent the Author’s works as well as to inseminate Love and Care to the Nature. It’s an interesting place so I suggest you check it out! :) And once again, thank you Arlen!!
Here are the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. In a post on your blog, nominate 10 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award; and link to them.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 10 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
So here are my nominations:
- The B-Horror Blog
- Aloha Mister Hand
- Tim’s Film Reviews
- Daniel J. Davis
- Night train to Mundo Terrible!
- Musings of a 22 Year Old
- Tracie Louise Photography
- Gorehound Mike’s Weird Cinema
- Dead Derrick’s Reviews
10 random pieces of information about me:
- Malcolm McDowell hit on me once. True story. And all I could think of was that scene in “Caligula”…you know the one…
- I’ve written a novella and self-published a book of poetry.
- I’m currently in my first play in 6 years.
- Somewhere online (I’m not telling where), you can find me in a couple of episodes of a sci-fi webseries.
- I rarely sleep.
- I used to be in an improv troupe called “Nuns in Straitjackets”.
- I desperately want to visit Prague.
- I’m a sucker for dance and cheerleader movies. I’ve even seen “Honey 2″. Don’t judge.
- I make wicked awesome salsa.
- Buffy is my hero.
Once again thank you Arlen Shah!!! :)
Thank you ever so much to Bernadett B for nominating me! Now it’s up to me to nominate so here they are:
theipc – Honest reviews from an honest guy (not mention pretty darn hilarious too!)
Rogue the Girl - This awesome site runs the gamut from simple lols to reminiscences of old school interviews with Ozzy Osbourne to product reviews. There’s something here for everybody!
Deep Red Rum – Another fun movie review site featuring a plethora of movies from vampires to 70s sci-fi cult hits!