So I kinda of disappeared of the face of the earth, unintentionally. I haven’t had time to watch movies much less write about them due to an influx of work. I’ve been working past midnight a few days this week and I only have four more days to finish everything I need to because after that I am going HOME for the first time in two years!! I am uber excited and a little nervous (I kinda don’t remember what my parents look like…) and of course, while I’m home I won’t be blogging and while I’ll probably be watching movies it’ll be things my parents and friends want to see (no one I know has quite the same…eclectic taste as me ). I AM supposed to be going with my bestie to see Les Mis though!! So what I’m trying to say here is, I likely won’t be back to blogging till after the New Year. I’m trying to read and comment where I can but at this point I’m 400 hundred blog posts behind (oy!) so it’ll take me awhile to catch up.
Next year is shaping up to be…um…crazy, magical, wonderful. I don’t know how else to describe it. Here’s a look ahead:
- My Classic Movies project.
- Filming videos for my friend’s business.
- Filming begins on the webseries “The Point”
- Filming begins on my as yet untitled webseries (first production meeting is tomorrow, yay!!)
- Just received a new script yesterday for a play called Clover that opens in March where I’d be playing a prison guard in a Southern prison in the 60s. This involves having a knockdown brawl with a prisoner. Sweet!!
- Cowriting a script with a friend. ;-p
- Starting a production company/troupe – basically this involves a group of actors and numerous projects from webseries to shorts to full length films.
- Auditioning for more film work in the city.
- And a couple of other projects that I can’t disclose at the moment.
When I auditioned for Dorothy Meets Alice way back in May and got the part, I had no idea the things that would come. I realized how much I missed acting, yes but I had NO idea that it would set me on a course where I’m constantly working in the theatre/film world. It’s been a crazy ride and it almost seems unreal how many of my life long dreams are coming true. It’s like life finally started happening when I stopped saying, “I’m scared”.
I also had no idea my little blog would come so far in such a short time. I mean, I had a movie blog long, long ago and NO one read it, lol. I never imagined I’d have 1 reader much less the 133 I have now. I couldn’t even picture when I started a world of guest posts and blogathons and awesome projects. It’s amazing. YOU GUYS are amazing.
For now, I am off to work (again….*sighs* ). So I leave you all with a happy holidays, a wonderful new year and the fact that you all are wonderful, beautiful, kickawesome people who make my world a better place.